Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What I Use Wednesday






Ok, I really LOVE this one!!!! My stick! I have to admit that when I started this sport I was in my early 20's and could get away with a lot. Maybe it was my age or maybe it was the fact that I did much less volume and intensity than I do now, but I NEVER stretched, used massage, or thought about recovery nor did I ever get tight or sore. I remember some of my training partners who were older and wiser than me doing all these things to aid recovery and complaining about being tight or "fried." I literally did not understand what they were talking about or why they devoted so much time to this stuff. Well, now those days are gone, in fact I rarely walk up steps without feeling the fatigue in my legs! So, I have slowly learned a few tricks to help my muscles feel better and the stick is on the top of my list!





It is great for when my legs are stiff, but also to keep them from getting tight. Five minutes a day is all I need. It feels so good! It is works for all the muscle groups from legs to back to arms to neck and I can even get into my hips and glutes with it. I do use it in combination with stretching to help work out the kinks and knots in my muscles. One of the big perks about it is that I can do on my own. To maximise my recovery I also use my Saucony compression socks and Ultragen recovery shakes and have seen a noticeable improvement in recovery between workouts.




I frequently give the stick as a gift and have never heard any negative reviews about it. So, if you don't have one yet..... go get one NOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment