Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bye Bye Crosstraining!

I have spent the last several weeks trying to be "chill." I was instructed by my coach to take some time mentally and physically off from triathlon. This was a bit of a challenge for me as I love the life style and structure of triathlon.

Of course we did some of the usual cross training stuff, a good bit of cleaning, and eating the last few weeks but I also took the opportunity to try a few new things. First on the list was a self defense class for runners. Since I will be likely running in the dark this winter and many winters to come I thought it would be a beneficial thing to do! We learned how to get away from someone if they grab you by the wrist, waist, neck, or pony tail. I really hope I never have to use this knowledge but it was fun. I also took a couple jiu jitsu classes which I really enjoyed. It was pretty entertaining to see some of these smaller girls drop 200 pound men to the floor. Finally, my last cross training activity was playing wii. I have played way to much wii over the last couple weeks. However, Jose and I have almost beat Mario so I expect until we do there will probably be way to much wii in my future too.

The official start of my training for the 2011 season was yesterday and I am so happy to see rn, bike, swim back in the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment