Monday, January 23, 2017

Bringing it Back

It's hard to know how to start this post! How do you say, what you have been up to for the last 6 years? I think I will leave a lot of those last six years in the past and look at why I'm "Bring it Back."

While I stayed active in the past six years I took a fairly significant break from racing until late 2015 when I was talked into racing a tri as a relay with my husband. I wouldn't say this race went as planned but that combined with the buzz that my hometown might get a 70.3 or 140.6 sparked my interest in the sport again. I think the buzz motivated a few people as shortly after it was confirmed we were not getting a local MDot race, a sizable group of locals signed up for NC 70.3 in 2016. I said what the hell, I never had the 70.3 I wanted...... why not give it another shot! 2016 ended up being a lot of work and a bit of a roller coaster going from basically the couch to "racing" a 70.3. At some point in 2016 I decided I would register for a 2017 Ironman. Lake Placid.

On December 30th, Jose and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary! At dinner one of the things we talked about how much fun we had in 2016. That conversational left me wanting to document 2017 and my Journey to Placid as it unfolds. Bringing back my blog seems like the perfect way to accomplish that. So here it is............


1 comment: