Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day Off

This last Monday Jose and I were fortunate enough to be able to take the day off from work, but our version of a day off is not what most people would expect. When I looked at my training schedule, I felt a little bored by the workouts, but a few small modifications quickly turned it into an exciting training day. The plan was to swim an hour, ride 6 hours and run 2 hours. Yes, I realize it is not normal to have this kind of training day on a Monday after a full week of training. But the idea of it had me a bit scared and nervous, which made the training exciting.

We started the day with a pre-sunrise swim. It was sort of non eventful and before I knew it we were on our bikes in a frigid 40 degrees. Our neighbors gave us some funky looks as they prepared to head off to work, but I am pretty sure if they knew what we were up to the looks would have been much worse. Unfortunately it seems that every other morning this month has been above 60 degrees with light winds, while we had to ride the first hour in really cold temps and with a very strong headwind. I kept wanting to turn around and call it a day, after all, it is not like I had to do this.




This is about an hour in, we had been averaging about 15 mph into a fierce headwind, I could not feel my extremities and was not enjoying my "day off".



This was our first planned stop at Gardens Corner. Unfortunately the Piggly Wiggly has closed.

Once we got past Beaufort and out of the headwind, we hit a short section of tailwind before the wind direction shifted and we had a crosswind, followed by more headwind latter in the day. The good news was that it did warm up a for a little while about 4 hours into our ride. However, as we were finishing the ride the clouds moved in and the temperature dropped again.



Once we got done with our ride it was time to head out for the run. I was really unsure about this section of the day. My plan was simply to head out the door and just see how I felt. There was no sense in hurting myself and jeopardizing my training. In the end, Jose and I kept the pace really mellow and just chatted the entire way. Before I knew it we were back home and we had just done a 9 hour training day.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Savannah!

    Nice blog you have here. FYI, I created a community of triathlete bloggers online called TriumphTriathlon.com. It's still in BETA phase right now but I'm trying to grow the community. You could also win free entry into the 140.6 of your choice! Please check out. Thanks for your help and keep up the good work on your blog!

    Make it a great day,
    Ruben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. It is funny what triathletes consider a nice "day off." Way to battle that wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ut聊天室視訊-真人裸聊秀場
    小可愛視訊聊天室-裸聊直播間
    美女視訊影音-真愛旅舍聊天室破解
    視訊聊天交友-美女裸聊視頻直播間
    視訊美女-做愛裸聊室
    173免費視訊-視頻真人秀聊天室福利
    金瓶梅視訊-293真人秀場聊天室
    live173影音視訊live秀-台灣uu視頻聊天室
    live173影音live秀-免費視訊-uu視頻聊天室
    live173視訊影音live秀-夫妻開放聊天室
    美女聊天視頻找色女qq號qq空間裸體日本視頻聊天真人秀外國視頻真人秀聊天第一成人
    正妹聊天視訊誰有色女的qq號手機聊天交友網站成年視頻真人秀場聊天免費線上成人
    夫妻真人秀的QQ群富婆寂寞同城交友聊天室免費同城寂寞交友聊天裸體美女色圖成人圖片
    晚上寂寞的女人qq群狗狗女人qq群相冊ut視訊無註冊同城交友聊天色午夜宅男成人情色
    寂寞富婆同城交友網免費寂寞交友聊天室裸體視頻性感韓國美女主播熱舞色AV電影18成人

    ReplyDelete